Early detection of dementia is extremely important, so we’ve put together a list of signs you can look out for:
- Memory loss that upsets day-to-day living
- Issues solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home or work
- Confused about the time or place
- Trouble understanding visuals and spatial relationships
- New problems with writing or speaking words
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgement
- Withdrawing from work or social activities
- Mood swings or changes in personality.
If you recognise any of these symptoms on a regular basis within yourself, a family member, friend or loved-one it is important you/they see a doctor as soon as possible.