The elderly and vulnerable may not always be aware of the help that is available to them so we have put together a handy list of places you can get help should you need it.
- Did you know if you’re over 60 you can travel on buses for free? If you need help claiming your buss pass, have a look at Arriva Senior Travel
- Scope Wales offers fab free disability advice on a range of topics from help with money to housing and education
- Tooth trouble? NHS Direct Wales offers a free Dentist FAQ service
- SFE are Solicitors for the Elderly and provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers. They could come in handy for you!
- Could you qualify for a disabled facilities grant? Find out here
- In Wales? You could qualify for help with any home improvements here
- If you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to some help towards paying your council tax. Find more info here
- Did you know the South Wales Fire and Rescue will come to your home to offer advice on how to make your home safe and where appropriate fit a smoke alarm for free.
- Did you know if you’re aged 60 plus you can swim for free at local authority pools? More info here.