If your gift to your Mum this Mother’s Day (March 31, 2019) is the gift of your time spent with her, then here are some great ideas for activities you can do together:
Why not try baking a delicious cake together or preparing a meal for the family? It’s a great excuse to get everyone round and a great way for your mum to feel involved and important.
Baking and cooking is particularly beneficial if your mum has dementia as the activity can help with reminiscence and minimise restlessness and boredom. Read more about this here.
Go for a day out
You can’t go wrong with visiting a National Trust property on Mother’s Day. Here’s some fantastic suggestions based in Wales – fingers crossed the weather is nice! A simple walk around can do wonders for both of your moods.
- Powis Castle and Garden near Welshpool
- Plas Newydd Museum & Tea Rooms in Llangollen – perfect for stopping for afternoon tea too
- Penrhyn Castle in Bangor
- Dinefwr Park overlooking the River Tywi near Llandeilo
- Erddig House on the outskirts of Wrexham
- Tredegar House – a 17th century mansion near Newport
- Chirk Castle and Gardens near Wrexham
- Llanerchaeron – an 18th century estate also including a walled garden and ornamental lake.
Watch mum’s favourite movie
The perfect way to spend some quality time together. Get the popcorn on and let mum choose what to watch. If the movie is something she might have enjoyed when she was younger you can chat all about it afterwards and find out why she likes it.
Do some gardening
Gardening is a great activity to do together if mum wants to stay in the comfort of her own home. It’s a great way to still get some fresh air and connect with the natural world.
Why not work together on making mum’s garden a bit more age-friendly with our top tips?
If you would still like to show your mum how much she means to you with a gift, then check out our blog for great gift ideas.